New Director Appointed
Mr. Chuck McCormick appointed as Director
With the expired term of Steve Veregge, the Board interviewed several very qualified applicants and selected Mr. Chuck McCormick to replace Mr. Veregge on the Board. Mr. McCormick has lived in Lost Creek since 1997 and here is some information about him.
• Fourteen years as CEO and founder of the Austin Institute for Strategic Consulting Solutions, LLC, providing counter terrorism and emergency management consulting and training to the intelligence community, government officials, law enforcement, military and mental health professionals from the U.S. and around the world.
• A 30 year veteran of the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Foreign Counter Intelligence, Counter Terrorism, Violent Crime, International Drug Trafficking, Senior Faculty Member at the FBI Academy and National Police Academy. He has presented to senior law enforcement officials and military leaders from over 30 countries.
• Deputy Director for the Texas Governor’s Office of Homeland Security.
• Texas A&M University Adjunct instructor in WMD Incident Management / Unified Command.
• Texas Army and air National Guard Anti-Terrorism / Force Protection Program manager and Provost Marshal and Director of Security for 124 Texas National Guard Armories.
• U.S. Army Staff Sergeant / Drill Sergeant.